Welcome.







This blog is dedicated purely to WOMAD, where you can learn everything there is to know about the festival.
Also get to know a few people who help make WOMAD what it is today!







Nov 29, 2010

A WOMAD Champion

Delightful Anne Dawson volunteered for WOMAD in 2010 and has been attending the event since the very beginning which was in 1997 at Western Springs in Auckland.   Anne is a mother and Grand mother who resides in New Plymouth.
You may ask yourself what motivates a person to attend a festival every year (or as it was every two years) and not miss out on a single moment of all its offerings.  Anne describes this as being “particularly moved by the honesty behind genuine world music”. Anne has also mentioned that the thing she really loves about WOMAD is “being able to share the weekend with the people I love. On WOMAD weekends the backyard becomes tent city as friends and family from all over New Zealand comes to stay and share the weekend with us”.
As for the volunteer work this year, Anne wanted to get a bit closer to the musicians and the heart of it all. Anne received the amazing opportunity to organize the CD signing sessions where she got to meet her favourite artists.
Anne’s advices as an intrepid WOMAD goer is not to be put off by unfamiliar acts as she says; “it doesn’t matter to me that I don’t know beforehand who is to be playing at WOMAD festival, because I just know that there will be at least one act that I know I will love, that I will totally lose myself in while they play”.

1 comment: